Friday, July 12, 2013

Authors Tell All: Magan Vernon


This week on Authors Tell All I'm excited to welcome Magan Vernon with not one, but two skinny dipping scenes. The first one's from The Only Exception!


 
Fiercely liberal Monica Remy prefers to blend in. Despite her tattoos, piercings, and outspoken personality, she transferred to Central to escape—before she finds out that her next door neighbor is the uber conservative governor's son, Trey Chapman.

No matter how hard she tries to avoid Trey, he still finds a way to get under her skin. Monica can’t stand his crisp white shirts or his staunch views on women. But she can’t help counting every freckle on his face and wondering what it would feel like to have him stop talking politics and kiss her.

A class debate project forces the unlikely pair to work together, and the political lines are blurred in late-night make out sessions. But despite their fiery chemistry, Trey’s politics threatens to smother their relationship for good


Here's the scene!

We stood in the bathroom, facing each other like a standoff at the O.K. Corral. The bath was full and steaming, and I used the last of my body wash that I brought to Trey's parents’ to make it into a bubble bath.
"I guess we better get in before it gets cold..." I said, pulling off my sweater while I still had the courage to.
"Yeah, probably a good idea," Trey said, swallowing so hard that I saw his Adam's apple bob.
"You don't have to do this if you don't want to." I slipped my khakis down my legs and stepped out of them."
He pulled off his socks, his eyes roaming over my body. "Believe me. I want to."
I reached into my bag for my iPod, put on my classical music list, and then set it on the counter near the sink.
"Beethoven?" Trey asked.
When I turned around his button down shirt was off, and he was just in his midst of tugging off his undershirt and tossing it to the floor.
"I like classical when I take a bath." I reached around and unhooked my bra, tossing it on top of his shirt.
He took a step closer, putting his hands on my back and pulling my bare chest against his. He was so warm it felt like his body was on fire. "How am I supposed to concentrate on the music when you look this good?"
I tilted my head up and kissed him softly on the lips. He gently kissed me back, sliding his tongue in my mouth. I reached to the front of his pants, unhooking his belt. He didn't stop me; not even as I fumbled over his buttons and zipper.
I broke the kiss and pulled back, watching him step out of his pants. Thin wisps of hair trailed from his belly button down to the waistband of his boxer briefs, brandishing the expensive logo. I’d never seen this much of Trey Chapman. He looked even better than the male model did in the ad for the same boxer briefs Trey was wearing. I had to keep from drooling.
"I guess it's bath time," I said and pulled down my panties, tossing them on our pile of clothes.
His eyes widened like two saucers, and he just stood there, not moving. "Okay."
I let a coy smile cross my lips and stepped into the tub, easing into the warm water and rested my back against the wall opposite the faucet.
Slowly, Trey pulled down his boxer briefs and tossed them aside. He was fully erect and was definitely well endowed. I tried not to stare, but there were only so many other things I could look at; especially when it was my first time seeing that part of him. He took a few steps forward and slid into the tub, easing his way across from me. "This is nice," he said, letting out a deep breath.
"It's my daily decompress," I said, completely aware of his legs against mine and another part that was dangerously close to mine.
"So you just sit here and listen to music?”
I shrugged. "Basically." Then I took a hand full of bubbles and blew them in his direction.
A mischievous grin crossed his face, and he took another handful of bubbles, brushing them on my cheek.
"Do I look sexy with a bubble beard?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.
"I think you look sexy no matter what."
I took another handful of bubbles. "When I was younger I used to make myself into a bubble monster and put bubbles all over." I moved my hand down to my chest, placing the bubbles on there and took Trey's hands, moving them to replace mine. His fingers grazed my nipples, making every hair on my body stand on end.
I pulled him closer, kissing him hard and pressing my hands on his bare back. He moved forward, deepening our kiss and putting his hands on either side of my butt. I pulled my legs up, letting his body slide closer to mine while I pressed my thighs to his waist. He cupped my breasts with his hands, caressing them slowly, each finger roaming freely against my bare skin. I ran my hands down his back, then up to his broad shoulders. His massive erection was pressed against my belly button, if he moved slightly downward he would be there. I didn't know if he was ready, but his very nearness was making every part of me turn to gelatin. I opened my mouth, a slight moan escaping my lips before I nibbled at his bottom lip.
I thought it was his favorite, but he pulled back, sitting on his knees and wincing like he was in pain with his hands clasped below the water. "I don't think this is a good idea."





And here's a skinny dipping scene from the sequel to My Paper Heart, On Paper Wings!

There were tons of random ponds and creeks all throughout the swamps of Elsbury. Since there wasn’t exactly a bathroom for Blaine to clean up at, at the restaurant and we high tailed it out of there pretty quick, he pulled on to the side of the road and we took a small pathway down to a little pond not far from Aunt Dee’s.
It was surrounded by weeping willows, like our own persona lagoon with just the light of the moon shining down on the water in front of us. We sat at the edge, dangling our feet in the water, while Blaine dipped his hands in and out of the water, splashing the sweet tea off his face.
“Baby, I’m really sorry you had to witness any of that,” he spoke in a voice barely above a whisper after he splashed one last layer on his face.
I could feel the tears pricking at my eyes, but I wouldn’t let them budge, instead I just drew circles in the water with my foot.“Yeah, I wish I didn’t either.”
“I wish there was some way I could prove to you that was the old Blaine. I wish that none of these girls would show up or that I could get some sort of time machine and never messed around with all these girls before you came.”
I sighed and finally turned to face him. “It’s a small town, surrounded by other small towns, did you really think you’d never run into any of them again?”
“I wasn’t really thinking with my head. Well the head on my shoulders.”
I groaned. “That’s really reassuring.”
He reached down into the water, taking a handful of water and splashing it onto my legs. “Come on, my petite, you know you’re the only girl for me. Hell, I barely talked to any of those other girls. They all came after me. You were the first girl I actually sought out, even though you rejected me.”
“I didn’t reject you!” I kicked a small wave of water in his direction, splashing onto his pants.
Technically I didn’t. I remembered exactly when I met him. We actually fought because he thought I was dancing too sexy at a party and then I had to take my high little cousin home. I saw him the next day, and again he confronted me about teasing some guys on the road crew. I didn’t know at the time that he was such a big playboy, or that he’d show up at Aunt Dee’s shop with flowers and ask me out on a date.
“As I recall, you sat there and just gave me that sexy smile before you said you’d think about letting me take you out.” He scooped another big glop of water in his hands and then pushed it at me, soaking the bottoms of my capris.
I squealed, as the warm water hit my body. “Hey, that’s not fair!”
“What? That you rejected me, or this...” He let his hand back and then pushed another huge wave of water onto me that reached up to my shirt.
I screamed. “Blaine Crabtree, stop it!”
I reached into the water and splashed continuously until I had soaked his jeans.
“Oh hell no. This means war!”
Just as he bent down to scoop another load of water on me, I pushed at his back, causing him to stumble forward and fall into the water. He came up, shaking his head like a wet dog and running his hands over his face. He stood up, the water only reaching to his waist. Then he pulled his shirt over his head throwing it on the shore. “Oh you asked for this, baby.”
He moved in slow, methodical steps and before I could move he picked me off the ledge and dragged me into the water with him. It wasn’t cold like I might have expected, but almost as warm as a Jacuzzi. That didn’t stop me from screaming since it soaked through my pants and shirt, causing my body to feel like it weighed a million pounds.
“Ah! Blaine!” I swatted at his bare chest with my wet hand as he moved his arms around my waist, pulling me tighter against him.
“Hey, you started this.”
“But now my clothes are soaked!”
A large grin spread on his face. “Well, then take them off.”
I wrinkled my nose. “Ew, here? Aren’t there like fish in the water.”
He shook his head, blowing the air through his nose and on to my face like a silent laugh. “Some days I forget how much of a city girl you are.” He pushed back my hair from my neck, his fingers tracing the lines of my jaw before his lips replaced his fingers and he trailed warm kisses from my jaw down my neck.
I gasped at the sensation of the water flowing around us combined with his soft lips. He moved his mouth from my neck to my lips, tilting my head back and letting his tongue in. He deepened our kiss, pulling me against his bare chest while I reached my hands up, running my fingers through his hair and down the curved muscles of his back.
He broke the kiss, but his lips still trailed down my neck before he moved his hands to the hem of my shirt pulling it over my head and then tossing it next to his on the shore. Once that was gone his lips returned back to my body, moving my bra straps so he could kiss my bare shoulders.
Blaine then kissed his way back up to my lips, but before I could kiss him back, he leaned his forehead against mine. His blue eyes glimmering in the moonlight while they stared into my own. “This is where I want to be. Anywhere that you are. I love the feel of your skin on mine and the way your heart beats to the same rhythm of my own. I belong to you and only you. My sweet petite.”
And my lips said what words couldn’t as I pulled him in for another kiss, getting lost in him. We may not have been perfect and I knew it wouldn’t be the last of his exes that I would run into, but for now, he was mine and that was all that mattered.

About Magan:

Magan Vernon is a Young Adult and New Adult writer who lives with her family in the insurance capital of the world. She is in a very serious, fake relationship with Adam Lambert and constantly asks her husband to wear guyliner. He still refuses. She also believes her husband is secretly an alien, disguised as a southern gentleman.

Her first book was independently published through an author cooperative in 2011; a YA Science Fiction book called How to Date an Alien that has consistently ranked in the top 100 in Amazon for Teen Science Fiction and Romance. Her first New Adult book, My Paper Heart, was published in 2012 and shot up the top of the Amazon best seller charts and surpassed expectations from all the people in 2009 that told her "A college aged character won't sell." Her next release is titled The Only Exception, coming in April of 2013. It's political, New Adult, and everything that makes a girl swoon.


1 comment:

  1. *sigh* me and Adam broke up. I need to change that. It's very hard to talk about. But now that I read my own scenes I think I need a shower...

    ReplyDelete