Friday, May 17, 2013

Authors Tell All: Tiffany King


Hi Everyone! Today I'm excited to start a brand new author guest post series on the blog. I'll be inviting authors over to share their skinny dipping storieswhether their own or their characters. For my first guest I have the amazing Tiffany King! She's here with quite a treat: A skinny dipping scene with Ashton and Nathan from No Attachments! If you haven't checked out this awesome NA contemporary read, I'm sure you will after reading this scene. :)

Ashton and Nathan's Skinny Dip in the Lake
By Tiffany King

“I’m not sure about this,” I said, looking around nervously.
“Come on, no one’s around,” Nathan cajoled, grinning devilishly. “It’s on your list.”
“Only because you wrote it in this morning,” I pointed out.
“It seemed shameful that you'd leave something this important off your list.”
“Strangely enough, I’ve never had much desire to strip down naked in broad daylight on someone else's property.”
“Mr. James won’t mind. Besides, it's almost our anniversary. We can make this a yearly ritual,” Nathan said, confidently tugging his t-shirt up over his head. I was momentarily distracted as I took in his well defined abdomen and pecks. After months of abstinence, the night we had just spent together barely scratched the surface of desire I’d been holding at bay for months.
“Just because he gave you permission to be out here last year for our failed picnic doesn’t mean it’s an open-ended offer,” I finally answered, pulling my eyes away from his hands which had just unfastened the snap on his jeans.
“Come on sweets, It is kinda hot, right? I mean, it's naughty, but also exhilarating because it's like—whoa, we're naked in the woods,” he taunted, slowly stalking me.
“You're not helping your case, freako,” I giggled. "Stop," I said, holding up my hands in hopes of fending off his advances.
“Stop what?” he asked innocently as he pulled me in close to drop a kiss on my neck. “You mean this does nothing for you?” he added, running his mouth along my cheek. The touch of his soft lips on my skin made my legs liquefy and all my inhibitions melt away. “Do you really want me to stop?” he murmured, deftly undoing the buttons of my blouse.
“No,” I shuddered, dropping my head back as he chuckled softly at my surrender.
"Whatever. Just kiss me," I demanded. Within moments I was standing naked in his arms. He quickly discarded his jeans before pulling me flush against him. Our lips found each other and he devoured every sigh of desire that escaped me. Without breaking the kiss, he scooped me up into his arms. My entire body tingled as the heat between us quickly reached a boiling point.
I lost myself in our arousal until the splashing of water and sudden submersion shocked me as I broke the surface. “What the hell are you doing?” I sputtered, treading water as I tried to keep my feet from touching the slimy bottom of the lake.
“Skinny dipping. Wasn’t that the plan?” he replied, trying not to laugh.
“You punk, you tricked me," I said, splashing him with water. "I thought we were gonna—you know."
“You knew all along skinny dipping was the plan,” he said, laughing loudly. He reached out to pull me toward him, but I continued to squirm away.
“Well, that was before you started your whole magic lips routine,” I grumbled. I continued to splash water to keep him at bay, until before I knew it an all out water fight had erupted. After a moment, I was quickly winded from giggling, treading water and trying to keep from getting dunked by Nathan again.  
“Truce?” he asked, holding up his hands to surrender.
“Truce,” I answered mischievously, waiting for my moment to strike. Seeing the gleam in my eyes, Nathan shook his head knowingly before sinking completely beneath the surface. I waited apprehensively for him to strike when something brushed against my foot.
"Gaahh! " I shrieked, instinctively pulling my foot away before realizing it was Nathan’s hand.
“Not funny,” I chastised as he pulled my body flush against his. “I thought you were a gator or something.”
“Would you really have even stayed in here this long if you thought there were gators in here? Besides, gators usually don’t stray this far north,” he teased, dropping his lips to mine.
“Yeah, well, I don't want any little fish swimming around my hoo ha either,” I said as our legs tangled together beneath the water.
“What?” he said, choking on his laughter.
"Hey, keep laughing, but I'd be worried if I were you. I'm not the one with a worm dangling down there."
"Holy shit," he said. "I so didn't think of that."
“You two mind takin it ashore, you're scarrin away the fish,” a gruff voice said from behind us, making us both freeze.
“Can't say as I'm not enjoyin the show, though,” another voice chimed in, making it clear we had an audience.
“I’m going to kill you,” I mouthed before sinking beneath the water. I swam back toward the shore to the muffled sounds of laughter from Nathan and Mr. James. This is why skinny dipping had never been added to my list.
"How was I supposed to know they'd be out here fishing?"Nathan laughed, swimming beside me to the shore.
"I hope you're still laughing when your pasty butt is doing the walk of shame to get me a towel," I grumbled. Thankfully, the murky water kept things covered while I waited.
"Don't worry. I don't think they saw your boobies," Nathan teased. He pulled me in for a quick kiss before confidently striding out of the water in all his naked glory.
I couldn't help laughing at Mr. James and old Doc Myers catcalling from their canoe, causing Nathan to flush across the back of his neck as he bent over and wrapped one of our towels around his waist. He headed back with a second towel in hand to the shallow water where I was still kneeling under the murky cover. I stood up to Nathan's outstretched arms as he wrapped the towel firmly wrapped round me and led me from the water to more whistles from the two old perv's in the canoe. I turned around and blew them both a kiss before turning back to Nathan.
"Can we go home now?"




No Attachments



Ashton Garrison walked away from a privileged life in order to hide from the one thing she's not willing to face. She knows she left behind a trail of pain, but in the long run, her betrayal will hurt less than the truth. She now has one goal: Live life to the fullest with no regrets and no attachments. She has high hopes that a move to new surroundings will provide the escape she desires, but what Ashton doesn't count on is how fate always seems to find a way to screw up any good plan. Sometimes, when love comes knocking, the pull is too strong not to answer. Suddenly, what she thought she wanted to escape from is what Ashton now wants more than anything.

Nathan Lockton has one mission: find his target and complete the task he was hired to do—no attachments and no emotion necessary. He's done it over and over again. What he thought was a typical lost-and-found job has turned into a life examining moment as Nathan is forced to deal with something he has always ignored--his feelings. Now faced with a decision, Nathan must choose to either follow his heart or complete the job.

Love can come when you least expect it. The question is: If the odds are stacked against you, how far are you willing to go for the one you love?



About Tiffany:

Tiffany King is the author of The Saving Angels Series, Wishing for Someday Soon, Forever Changed, Unlikely Allies, Miss Me Not and Jordyn: A Daemon Hunter Novel book one. Writer by day and book fanatic the rest of the time, she is now pursuing her life-long dream of weaving tales for others to enjoy.
She has a loving husband and two wonderful kids. (Five, if you count her three spoiled cats). Her addictions include: Her iphone and ipad, chocolate, Diet Coke, chocolate, Harry Potter, chocolate, and her favorite TV shows. Want to know what they are? Just ask.
Links:
Twitter- @AuthorTiffany
Facebook- Tiffany King
Pintrest- Tiffany King
Goodreads- Tiffany King


No comments:

Post a Comment