Friday, July 29, 2011

Music and Writing

It's almost impossible for me to seperate writing from music. I've always been more creative with the right tunes, and my experience writing Beckoning Light was no different. There were a couple songs that hit record levels of repeat play during the writing process, including Sia's I'm in Here, One Republic's Come Home and Borne's The Guide. 

Writing through the voice of Charlotte made me even more aware of music. So much of Charlotte, including her relationships with other characters is tied to music in one way or another. Instead of posting my playlist for the whole book (which I may do at another time), I thought I'd post the playlist that Liam made for Charlotte, because these were the songs she was listening to when she was in Energo.

Home- Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Lisztomania- Phoenix
Daylight- Matt & Kim
Crooked Strings- Kiev
The Reeling- Passion Pit
Faking the Books- Lali Puna
Shut Your Eyes- Snow Patrol
Morning Yearning- Ben Harper
I'm in Here- Sia
Heaven's on Fire- The Radio Dept.
A Lion's Heart- The Tallest Man on Earth
Spacewalk- Lemon Jelly
The Guide- Borne
Young Blood- The Naked and Famous
Couldn't Sleep- Milosh
Blah Blah Blah- Say Hi to Your Mom
Breath- Telepopmusik
To Build a Home- The Cinematic Orchestra 

No comments:

Post a Comment