Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Hazards of a One Night Stand Teaser #2


Only four weeks until The Hazards of a One Night Stand releases! Here's a teaser! :)

His hand settled on my hip. “What do you say, pumpkin?”  He leaned in, gently brushing his lips against mine.
“No fair.”
He laughed. “The fact that you find that persuasive should make the decision easier. You want to be with me.”
“We can try.”
“Try? I think we’ve already tried. We work well together.”
I swallowed hard. “I can’t believe I’m agreeing to this.”
“Why? It’s a relationship, not something bad.”
“Relationship? I thought it was more like exclusive friends with benefits.”
“Exclusive friends with benefits? Where do you come up with this stuff?” He put a hand on either of my arms. “No. It’s a relationship that we aren’t going to be broadcasting right away.”
“No. I like my description better.”
He groaned. “No. That’s ridiculous. That implies we’re friends who like to hook up. My feelings for you are not friendly, Mal. They’re not. And it’s not just about sex either. I care about you.”
“I care about you, but—”
“No buts. You decide if your feelings for me go beyond friends and sexual attraction. If they do, I’m here.”
“And if they don’t?”
“They do. They always have.” He didn’t show a hint of doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment