Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Second Time Around

So many experiences are different the second time around. I discovered this fall that having a second child is a completely different experience from having your first.The same can be said for the second day of school, the second time you make a dish or go on a certain hike, and the list goes on. As I finalize Perilous Light and get ready for its March 30th release, I can't help reflecting on how different the experience is this time. Like all other "seconds" it's all about expectations.This time I have a much better idea of what to expect from the publication process, but on the flip side there are also more expectations both my own and those of my readers. I can only wonder how different it will feel on the third time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment