Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Voice

I'll be working with my editor on Perilous Light starting this week, but meanwhile I've been writing Flight, the first book in the Crescent Chronicles. A paranormal romance/urban fantasy, Flight is narrated by eighteen-year-old Allie as she heads down to New Orleans to spend the summer before starting college. One of the big differences in writing Flight has been the narration. As much as I love writing the dual narrative of the Afterglow Trilogy books, there is something satisfying about the more linear nature of a single point of view story. Allie is an entirely different girl from Charlotte and I'm enjoying the challenge of getting used to her voice. I'll keep you updated on the progress, but I should have Flight ready for an early fall release.

2 comments:

  1. Flight sounds like it is going to be really good(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! I look forward to sharing more Flight information soon!

    ReplyDelete